Comparisons between Ricoh Head and Kyocera Head for UV Printers
What is the difference between Ricoh printhead and Kyocera printhead? In recent years, the R&D technology of UV printing machine is getting more maturer, the manufacturers and models of UV printer has been increasing. Because the inkjet printhead we use plays an important role in the final printing effect. Before we purchase a machine, we should know which kinds of head is better and more suitable for ourselves.
For now, Ricoh has two mainstream head, Ricoh Gen4 and Ricoh Gen5 for UV printers. Both are gray-scale stainless steel industrial micro-electric piezo head.
- Both Gen4 and Gen5 can print two color in one head. However, if you want to achieve better spot color printing results, Ricoh Gen4 is advised to print one color in one head.
- Both Gen4 and Gen5 support grey level 7pl-35pl variable ink droplet printing, Gen4 is 4 grey-level while Gen5 is 6 grey-level.
- Strong ink compatibility
- Internal heating function, delivering smooth ink supply and less nozzle clogging.
- Lifespan can be up to 5 years under well maintenance.
- Stable working performance. Ricoh head is a remarkable industrial-grade printhead that can work in 24×7 production mode.
Due to the difference npi (nozzles per inch, or known as natural DPI), the printing results Ricoh Gen5 creates will be more uniform, fine, natural and lifelike. Also, Ricoh Gen5 print faster than Gen4 with 54.1mm print width.
Kyocare KJ4A Heads
The Kyocera KJ4A printhead is designed for sign graphics, which is often used in UV inkjet printing.
- Print two color in one head.
- Smallest droplet of 4pl, 4 grey level printing from 4pl-14pl.
- Internal heating function to keep the constancy of ink viscosity, delivering smooth ink supply and less clogging error.
- Wider print range of 112.35mm of one head, delivering faster print speed and higher productivity, especially suitable for large-area panel or roll medias.
- 4 grey-level variable droplet printing of 4pl-14pl, producing more delicate prints.
- Low trouble rate, long lifetime.
Print Speed: Kyocera KJ4A > Ricoh Gen5 > Ricoh Gen4
Print Effect: Kyocera KJ4A > Ricoh Gen5 > Ricoh Gen4
Service Life: Kyocera KJ4A > Ricoh Gen5 ≈ Ricoh Gen4